How to know if your software developer is trying to kill you
by Ben Liebert
Getting started with a software-based business can be an onerous process, especially if you lack any experience in computing. Drawing on his 15 years of experience in the software industry, Ben has written this helpful guide for anybody planning to have some software developed.
The single most important decision you make now is selecting the person that converts your idea into actual software. Everything you say or show your developer will be filtered through their own experience, preferences and expectations of how software should behave, so you need to find a good one right from the start.
Everything you need to know to get started with software development
- confidently select a software developer
- assess the price your developer is charging
- understand the basics of software development
- ensure your application is future-proofed and adaptable
- "speak geek" and actually understand what your developer is talking to you about